Nick Housego facilitates a conversation with Helen Bailey and Jamie Nicholls. The three talk about the advancement of innovation in crisis management for public servants in Australia.
On this panel are the following communication professionals:
- Nick Housego, Specialist Facilitator, Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Helen Bailey, Innovation Manager, Public Sector Innovation Network
- Jamie Nicholls, Industry Engagement Officer, Australian Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
With most interactions moving to a digital space, the panel sheds light on the advantages this brings, including a reduced barrier for citizens and team members to interact in future engagements.
Helen also discusses the eighteen different case studies conducted during the past few months of COVID-19, specifically recalling the case study on ‘people’s connection with teams while working remotely’. Jamie brings his facilitation expertise to the conversation with findings on improving group conversations by using different video conferencing tools.
Finally, Helen and Jamie reflect on innovation experiments, case studies and changes carried out in the public sector so far to cope with the crisis. Going forward, identifying the practices that can be adapted to better support the citizens of Australia and the global community will be key.
After watching this video, you will be able to:
- Identify the new adaptations and old practices for the innovation and facilitation space with ‘new normal’ of COVID-19.
- Understand opportunities for global partnerships to improve knowledge sharing within the communities
- Gain knowledge on team interactions using a digital platform